1. Nags Head (The Wollaston Inn 87 London Road)
2. The Cradle (6 Hinwick Road)
3. Feast Field (44 Hinwick Rd)
In a field behind this house was held the annual Village Fair from 19th Century to 1969.
4. The Fountain (Matthew Nicholas Estate Agent Council Street)
Site of Wollaston’s first Coffee House and Public Reading Room 1893-1930.
5. Wollaston's First Shoe Factory
Built in 1883 by Mr Pratt Walker. Building subsequently used by Scott Bader 1940-1966 and Trylon 1966-2004. Converted into flats 2005.
6. Market Place/The Pibble (14 St Michael’s Lane)
Traditional site of the Village Market granted by a charter of King Henry III in1260. Later known as The Pibble due to two large stones used to protect the buildings.
7. Wollaston's Cinema (3 Queen’s Road)
A cinema was established in an old army hut on this site in 1919. A gas fired generator provided electricity for the projector. It burnt down in 1925.
8. Northamptonshire Productive Society (Shoes) Ltd. (NPS Factory, South Street)
The UK’s oldest surviving Workers Co-operative. Established in 1881 by Wollaston shoemakers in a Dove House in Thrift Street and nicknamed "The Duffers".
9. Castle Mound (2 South Street)
Motte Castle constructed in the reign of King Stephen 1135-1154 and dismantled on the accession of King Henry II in 1154. Later Wollaston’s first windmill stood here. Now known as Beacon Hill.
10. Jubilee Park (On the wall of the Park to the right of the entrance)
Through the generosity of Scott Bader, Northamptonshire County Council, Wellingborough District Council and others, this park was constructed in the Golden Jubilee Year of HM Queen Elizabeth II.
11. Miss Keep's School. (Bell End)
This building was Wollaston’s first School 1840-1873.
12. The Priory (On the Hickmire side of the building)
Medieval rectory belonging to Delapre Abbey, Northampton c1140-c1537.
13. Lovell's Workshop (Hickmire)
Site of wheel-wright and carpenters shop 1859-1976.
14. St Bartholomews Farm (1 Duck End)
This former farm, of 158 acres, belonged to The Royal Hospital of St Bartholomew’s London 1199-1919. The house and barns were rebuilt in 1752 by Ambrose Dickins Lord of Wollaston Manor and a Governor and tenant of the Hospital. The farm was sold to raise money for the repair of WW1 bomb damage to the Hospital.
15. Neale Close (6 Neale Close)
Named after Edmond, Thomas and Sir Charles Neale, Squires of Wollaston Manor 1634-1734. Founders and benefactors of the Wollaston Bread Charity for the poor of the village 1671 to 1995.
16. Independent Order of Odd Fellows (2 Manchester Road)
Manchester Road, Unity Close, Roses Close and Fellows Close are so named because the Wollaston branch of the Prince of Wales Lodge - the Independent Order of Oddfellows, Manchester Unity Friendly Society - had their Manchester Allotments here from 1854 – 1969.
17. Cobbe's Lane (At the top end of Cobbe’s Lane on the wall of Griggs factory)
Named after Edmund Cobbe Vicar of Wollaston for 35 years. Installed in 1663 against the wishes of Puritanical Parishioners. Presumed responsible for making this road the main route into the Village from the West.
18. R Griggs and Co Ltd (Over Cobbs Lane entrance to factory)
Factory founded in1901. Makers of the world famous Dr Martens footwear since 1960.
19. Wollaston Museum (102 High Street)
This former congregational chapel and surrounding area were donated by Paul Gilby and John Shelton in 1974. The plaque commemorates the 25th anniversary of its opening as a museum on 17th November 1979.
20. Village Workhouse (84 High St)
This house was the Village Workhouse 18th Century-1835.
21. Farmhouse (77 High Street)
17th Century former farmhouse with stables and barns. Used as a schoolroom in 1871 and the Registrars Office from 1881-1898.
22. The Smithy (The Doc Shop)
Site of Village Smithy until 1955.
23. Telephone Exchange (42 High Street)
Wollaston’s first manual telephone exchange was installed here in 1918. At night and at weekends it was operated jointly by the families living in Nos 40 & 42. It was superseded by an automatic exchange in 1936.
24. The Marquis of Granby (2 London Road)
An 18th century coaching inn. The daily stagecoach from Wellingborough to London called here from 1776. It ceased in 1845 when the railway came to Wellingborough. Partridge Hill is named after a 19th century landlord.
25. Cromwell House (50 London Road)
Built in 1584 and enlarged in 1657 by Thomas Harriot on the site of an earlier Saxon dwelling. A fine example of a 17th Century Yeoman’s house and Home Close that retains its original ground plan.