Minutes Playing Fields meeting, February 2024

Document Date

14/02/2024

Created by

Parish Clerk

Category

Meetings

Accessible version of document

WOLLASTON PARISH COUNCIL

PLAYING FIELD & PARKS MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON

Wednesday 14th February 2024, 7pm

At The Hill Club, Upstairs Lounge, High Street, Wollaston

 

VOTING MEMBERS PRESENT

Messrs Green, Hodson, Mitchell, Perry, Savage (Chair) Silby and Mrs S. Grant (Clerk)

 

PUBLIC PRESENT

None

 

APOLOGIES

Messrs Cotter, Jones & Cllr Milroy (Vice Chair)

 

MINUTES

The minutes of the last meeting from 10th January 2024 were agreed unanimously and signed as a correct record.

 

FINANCES

Finances to end of January 2024 had been circulated.  No issues.

Mr Cotter to confirm floodlight usage for the Youth Football to the Clerk.

Mr Perry passed the Clerk invoices for recent Clubhouse Leak totalling £386. All repairs now completed.

 

 

PLAY EQUIPMENT AND ADULT GYM INSPECTION/MAINTENANCE

Mr Savage confirmed that the play inspections would be completed the following day, inspection sheets to follow, but no issues anticipated.  The new picnic bench has been installed and any reuseable slats from the fire damaged bench have been stored in the compound for future use.  New cradle seats are to be installed this week (£345 plus VAT) at the Pyghtles Playpark using S106 monies.  Kangaroo springer repair for St Marys Play area also due this week £330.00 plus VAT.

 

POCKET PARK

No issues.  Brown Bin fortnightly collection is clearing backlog of greenery.  Thank you to Scott Bader security for the opening and closing of the park.

 

SPORTS ASSOCIATION REPORT

Emergency SA meeting held to discuss finances due to high utility bills (Calor Gas £1289).  New electricity supplier has been sourced with competitive rates and subs are to be increased across all teams together with additional sponsorship and fund raising.

Football – Reserves Team are struggling for numbers, will be reviewed at the end of the season with potential to pull out the reserve team from league.

Cricket – AGM was held this month.  Second Team are recruiting for a captain. Offer was made today on an Overseas player from Tasmania who will bring stability along with coaching and groundsman skills. Accommodation has been arranged.

Mr Silsby advised that the Cricket Club were looking into a Green Energy Grant for solar panels via an ECB Grant.

Mr Green to investigate the rabbit problem at the Playing Field and report back.

Mr Silby advised that the Cricket Club is still in dispute with Turney (outstanding invoice).  Any further correspondence received by the Clerk to be passed to Mr Silsby.

 

PURCHASES REQUIRED

Phase 2 of the anti-frost heaters in the Clubhouse Lounge to be carried out by Mark Essam asap.

Fallen Tree Limb over the brook – awaiting quote from Midland Trees, to be completed possibly before the nesting season.

Pole for Solar Light & CCTV in play area (to be discussed after Mr Silsby has found the solar light).

 

 

FIELD MAINTENANCE/MATTERS RELATING TO THE FIELD

Mr Mitchell updated the committee with the new plans to refurbish and extend the current Village Hall.  Meeting to be held on 15/02/24 with Doc Martens to potentially use a small area of their carpark to provide the additional car parking spaces needed before the pre app can be completed. Meeting to be held on Friday with the Duchy to discuss alternative use of the Irchester Road site and potential compensation due to the Scott Bader risk zones resulting in this land being unsuitable.  Scott Bader will be attending the Parish Council meeting.

Mr Mitchell advised that a proposal had been put forward by a Councillor to build the new community centre at the Playing Fields.  The committee unanimously agreed that they were not in favour of this proposal due to loss of pitch space. Mr Savage to feed this back to the Parish Council meeting.

Wollaston School have applied for planning permission for a 3G synthetic pitch with sports lighting.  Playing Fields and Parks Committee to re-think use of the S106 money when available based on this information.

Bollard is faulty again, Clerk to contact Tom at Platinum to arrange repair.

 

DATE OF NEXT MEETING

 

Wednesday 13th March 2024 at 7pm at the Hill Club, 122 High Street, Wollaston.

 

 

There being no further business the Chair thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.15pm.