We regularly inspect all street lights within the village and report any faults to the appropriate authority. The Parish Council still owns and maintains ten lamps in various locations. Please note: during the course of 2011 Northamptonshire County Council have extinguished 50% of the lights as part of their cost cutting exercise.
To ensure the village street lamps are maintained in working order and to bring those lamps that have not yet been adopted by the County Council to the standard where they can be.
- To tour the village at least once a month to ensure all street lamps are functioning correctly.
- Report any repairs needed to the County Council via the Street Doctor Service.
- To continue to upgrade those lamps that have not yet been adopted by the County Council to the standard required for adoption.
- If and when additional lamps are needed, to obtain quotations for their cost.
- When necessary, to consult and liaise with residents/interested parties regarding new lighting or impediments to existing lighting.
- To keep the Parish Council informed of any matters of concern that cannot be dealt with by the committee.
- Composition - see Street Lighting Working Party.