Complaints from the general public may be made in person, by telephone or by writing to the Parish Clerk or any Parish Councillor. They should be made within reasonable hours.
How a complaint will be dealt with:
- Ideally all complaints will be dealt with informally and as quickly as possible.
- If the person receiving the complaint is unable to deal with the matter they are to pass it to the relevant Councillor or Parish Clerk within 5 working days.
- Acknowledgement of the complaint should be made within 5 working days and a full reply within 12 working days.
- The complaint may be referred to the full Parish Council.
- Should a member of the public feel their complaint has not been correctly handled they may refer the matter to the Local Authority Ombudsman.
Note, the following will not be accepted as complaints:
- requests for service
- reporting defects
- reports about unauthorised activities
- requests for information or an explanation of a Council policy
(Last amended 12/08/2009)